Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snowshoeing to Snow Lake

Dave and I went snowshoeing on Sunday (before, not instead) of watching the Super Bowl (go Steelers!). We attempted to go to Snow Lake, but we somehow (it might have been my fault) got off the trail and followed some ice-climbers tracks instead, and we ended up turning around when we got frustrated with essentially making our own way and I sliced up my hand in an unfortunate glissading incident (It was warm, I wasn't wearing gloves. Yes, that was a bad idea to begin with.). Running in the snowWe eventually saw some other hikers about 200 feet downhill of us, and figured that they were on the trail, so we headed down there and went a bit further on the trail (which was completely obvious, when we were on it). In the end we didn't get very far but it was nice to play in the snow a bit - we haven't been skiing yet because we're waiting for some actual new snow. CorniceIt hasn't snowed in the mountains for weeks and weeks, which is odd. Good thing they got a nice base back in December or things would be quite dire.Emily snowshoeing
My hair is really long, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Go Steelers??? but they stole the SuperBowl from the Seahawks a few years ago...

(and I thought it was funny that you felt the need to link a definition for "glissade"... obvious to me, the native French speaker...)

Anonymous said...

Emily, But you are wearing gloves in all 3 photos! Glad you had fun. love, mom

Emily said...

About the gloves - all those photos were taken at the same time, and it was after we stopped to eat, so I was colder because I hadn't been moving. Most of the time I wasn't wearing the gloves, vest, or hat...