Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hey, Hey, We're the Monkeys!

Brief pause in the Utah footage - to be resumed tomorrow...
My Sockapalooza socks arrived yesterday, and I got Monkey socks! They came from Angela in Edmonton (no blog?), and they're great! They fit perfectly, and the yarn colors are perfect for me. And she sent Smarties, which I love and which are very hard to find in the US.

My favorite thing about my socks is how well they match my living room rug - isn't that great? I couldn't get a photo that really showed off the Monkey pattern, especially because the yarn is fairly complicated. I'm not sure what kind of yarn it is - perhaps Angela will chime in and let me know if I should wash my socks when the time comes. This was my first Sockapalooza and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again Angela, I love my socks!

4 comments:

bookwoman said...

Nothing better than hand knits that complement the decor. The socks are great. And I'm with you on the Smarties. The bank we use for work often has little packs in their basket of candy for the kids. I, unashamedly, take them all every week.

Anonymous said...

I never realized you couldn't find Smarties in the U.S.
Wow... How different my childhood would have been... Did you know you're supposed to eat the red ones last?

f. pea said...

ooohhh... smarties. drool.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, forgot the yarn info! They're OnLine Supersocke 100 (highland colour) so they're machine washable. I'm so glad you like the socks Emily :D

Angela