Thursday, May 15, 2008

Almost Anais!

Pardon the 12:15am hair-do, but here is what I've accomplished on Anais:
Anais, pre-seaming
The reason for the late night photo shoot is that, after not working on Anais for quite a few days I became obsessed with finishing the front piece. At about 9:00 I got it out of the bag and got to it. I hadn't been working on it because I was at the armhole shaping + neck shaping part, and I thought that might be tough to keep track of, but it really wasn't that bad. In the photo it's only pinned loosely under the armpit and at the bottom, but I think it's going to fit well. Oh, and the lace inset is just flopped on. I'm wondering how it's going to fit in there, it seems like the right size now and it's not blocked yet, so I'm worried it's going to be too large. I might have to rip it out and reknit on smaller needles, but we'll see. I'm hoping to get the sides seamed tonight and then I'll deal with the lace. The shirt is a bit shorter than I hoped, but I'll probably wear something under it anyway. Having a white tank sticking out the bottom will be a cute look.


Oh, I might be on TV! I was stopped by the King 5 news folks this morning on my way to work and interviewed about bike commuting. I'm sure I wasn't the only person they talked to, but maybe I'll be on! We're Tivoing all the news today just in case...

ETA: I was on TV! Friday morning, and it will probably rerun in the evening as well. Or, you can find me online here, at least for the moment. I'm a little ways into the story...how exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're famous. :-) The cameras just wait outside your door, hoping to catch a glimpse of you. I was quite excited that I recognized the area.

Robin said...

Anais looks great!! Congrats on being famous!