I guess that means it's time for another goal post. I like these because they give me something to talk about on a day when I might not have had anything else to say. I'd love to show you the Ruffled Tuxedo Top (Mine has no ruffles - it's actually called the Sleeveless Tuxedo Tank, now that I think about it.) but the weather is NOT cooperating. It's in the 40s and raining again today. We've had a fairly eh spring really - it started out well but then it never warmed up. Anyway...
The April Goals were as such:
1. Finish Ruffled Tuxedo Tank - DONE. I promise there will be photos as soon as the sun shines, or at least when it's warm enough to be outside in a tank top.
2. Get through trellis repeats on Hanami Stole - NOT DONE. Haven't even touched it :(
3. Finish secret project pieces - DONE - you still can't see it, sorry, but believe me that I finished it!
Really that's not so bad, but these weren't exactly lofty goals. I was a fair way into both #1 and 3 when April started. But, better to accomplish small goals than to be perpetually frustrated! This is a good motto for science as well...
So, what will I do this month?
1. Finish Anais - I've got the back almost finished (hopefully today, with Oliver and Jane Austen for assistance), and the lace inset already completed. This should be doable.
2. Knit a secret small gift project - this you'll likely see before #3 from April.
3. Finish trellis repeats on Hanami - I want to work on this, I do, I don't know what happened in April. I think I just felt like I needed simple knitting all the time, so that's what I did. Must push past that barrier!
Right now I am in the lab making RNA, which is really quite a lame way to spend a Saturday. Then again, it is cold and rainy, and Dave is at work, so I guess I might as well be here. And I do have a Starbucks Chai, so all is not lost.
I don't want to have a post without any photos, so check out the lovely Silky Wool I got at the Fiber Gallery sale last weekend:
I have six skeins (only $4.10/skein!) - if you have any good project suggestions let me know! As my mother pointed out in the comments last week, I am apparently in a blue phase. I just finished a blue tank top, I'm knitting a blue t-shirt, and I bought this blue yarn and some blue Manos (also very on sale). I don't usually wear that much blue because I don't like to wear anything but light blue with jeans (unless they're light jeans, but I don't have any of those). But, in the summer I wear a lot of khaki shorts and capri pants, and those go well with dark blues, so maybe that's what's going on subconsciously with all these blue projects...