1) In keeping with August Project Spectrum, I've been working on my black and white clapotis:
Laptop including for
laziness scale. This is just after the end of the 8th repeat in the straight section, and it's endless. I feel like I started knitting this ages ago (March? April?), and I've actually worked on it fairly steadily (it's even an international traveler), but I feel as if I'm getting nowhere. However, I would really like to finish it before the end of August. We'll see. I believe Lolly is intending September to be "finish all the Project Spectrum UFOs" month, so if I carry over that would be tolerable. Of course I also have my green socks (from May) to deal with, which brings me to...
2. Sock Wars!!! How cool is this? I'm not sure if I want to sign up, although Rachel did. Basically it's like assassins for knitters, where everyone in the game has a partner. You knit socks and mail them off, and when the recipient receives them, they're 'dead' and they send you their unfinished socks and the name of the person they were supposed to mail them to (kill), and then you finish those socks, send them to that person, and so on and so forth. I would LOVE to do this, but I don't really knit that quickly, and fall is gift knitting time (not that I knit that much for myself as it is, if I'm honest, but I would like to). So, I figure I'd be killed off pretty quickly, but it's a great idea. I might still do it, I can't make up my mind.
3. The bamboo tank top is on. Daisy made a swatch for me, just to test if my knitting was really bizarre or if it was the yarn, and she got gauge and it looked pretty holey, but I carried on with her swatch and continued to get gauge (on size 5 needles, being careful to not knit too tightly), so I'm just going to go with it. In fact, I intend to head to the LYS for needles this afternoon, pretty much as soon as I post this. I will cast on tonight while watching this...
4. Pride and Prejudice, ala BBC. I watched the first half last night. Sadly, I was not eating the chicken dinner that I had so been looking forward to, because I didn't get home from lab until 8:30 and the chicken wasn't thawed yet, and I was starving, and so I ate lentil soup. But, the chicken is still in the fridge and better be thawed when I get home, because I WILL eat it tonight. Watching this inspired me to work on my lace project, but not enough to get it out, because it's a movie that requires more attention than I could give it if I was to be trying to remember my yarnovers. So, the clapotis was worked on a bit, but mostly I just relished the lovely dresses and Colin Firth.
5. The Hike sweater blocking experience. I have a good story. However, it will have to wait until Dave gets around to emailing me the photos that accompany it...sorry. Not my fault.