Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Wall

I've hit THE WALL. I thought I could avoid it. I ran a marathon a few years back with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. And I didn't hit the imfamous wall while I was running, in fact I was fairly jubilant throughout, somehow. As an aside, I would recommend this training program/fundraiser to anyone with a desire to complete an epic athletic feat (they also train people for 100-mile bike rides and triathalons, and the races are often in exotic locations. I did the Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, AK) and the ability to raise thousands of dollars. I'm not sure how I ended up doing this. I'd wanted to run a marathon for some time, and I got the TnT flier in the mail one day and, on a whim, went to an information session, and, on an even bigger whim, signed up. I had to raise over $4000, the vast majority (80%? I don't remember) goes directly to the LLS. The rest covers personalized training with certified coaches and trainers, as well as travel expenses to the race. It was great. I made some good friends, who I've sadly lost touch with (I'm very bad at this, well, good at losing touch, bad at keeping in it). Anyway, the race was great, I ran the whole way, and there were no walls encountered. However...
I think I have hit the wall on the Lotus Blossom tank. It's SO close to being done:
The back is probably half done, and then there is just the sleeves (straps really) and it's finished. Yet I've totally lost the will to knit it. Which is odd, because I was enjoying it so much, and I know it's going to fit, having tried it on when I finished the front, and it WILL BE DONE QUICKLY IF I MAKE ANY EFFORT WHATSOEVER. Bleh. I will push past the wall, whatever it takes, to get this baby done before the weather changes and I have to finish this:

I received a nice thank you package from Lillian. Here's what she sent:

I don't know why it's sideways, sorry about that. The photo is fine on my computer and weird when I upload it. Just turn your head. There are some cat toys for me to knit for Oliver, and some cedar blocks to keep the stash moth-free, as well as a luggage tag and some FedEx goodies. Thank you Lillian, it's been fun spoiling you! I'm awaiting my final package from my secret pal, whose identity still eludes me. Can't wait to find out who she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did your final SP8 package arrive yet?