Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Alert the media

Look, see, I TOLD you I was working on it!
I'm gearing up for the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival this weekend. The Fiberphiles and I are heading down there Friday afternoon and staying until Saturday. Daisy is even returning from Lake Tahoe to meet us and share in the debauchery. Should be a good time. I'm hoping to also meet Marisol, who was the recipient of my Funky Scarf Swap scarf a few months back. She's coming all the way from San Francisco! She brought up an interesting point about fiber festivals a few posts back, and that was that people like to show off their handknits, and she's been working hard to finish some lovely pieces to wear. This got me thinking about what I would wear, should I be inclined to show off the handknits, and I realized that I have very few items to show for all my time knitting. Not that I don't knit a lot, mind you, it's just that I rarely knit anything elaborate for myself. Most of my nice knitting gets given away, or isn't really appropriate for indoor activities or the weather we're predicted to have this weekend. My best item for show-and-tell is my Lady Eleanor stole, which is truly lovely and impresses me every time I look at it, but it's big and bulky and very warm and altogether not ideal for the heatstroke-inducing run around the festival marketplace whilst fighting off the hoards at the Socks that Rock display. So, most likely I won't be wearing anything handknit. My grandmother's socks will be finished - maybe I should wear them? Just kidding...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I would sure like to see Lady Elaenor! But totally understand what you mean about fighting the hordes:)

I'm bringing my shawl --that I will be wearing at dinner and when I meet the Yarn Harlot. I'll be sitting most of the time for these events so figured it would be O.K. We shall see:)

See you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, Lady Eleanor is so beautiful, you should show it off!