Saturday, October 06, 2007

New Project!

I've started something new! Big surprise I know, but I actually only have two active projects, one a gift that won't be seen on the blog and the blue Drops Swing Cardigan. Both are progressing but I don't think the sweater needs to be rephotographed until I have the second front finished. When I finished the Purl Scarf I decided I needed another simple project to carry around, so I started this Drop-Stitch Scarf. I found the pattern on Ravelry, but I also saw it at the Fleece Artist/Handmaiden trunk show at Hilltop Yarn today, so I'm really not sure who to attribute it to. The yarn is Knit Picks Memories, and it's been fun so far. This is also a gift, but I'm going to talk about it anyway and assume that a) the recipient won't see it, or b) they won't know it's for them, or c) they won't care even if they do see it and think AH, that must be for me...


Today Rachel, Anne-Marie, and I (and about 100 other people) descended on Hilltop Yarn to check out the Fleece Artist/Handmaiden double-whammy trunk show/wine tasting/yarn groping event. It was fun, although a bit crowded. I'm not big on crowds in small spaces but I made due by having some chardonnay from a box. Which was actually not bad, and less likely to be tipped over onto $50 skeins of yarn than a bottle. Anyway - I only bought one skein of Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3 ply to make this I-think-it's-adorable-and-will-hopefully-work-on-me-but-it-was-hard-to-tell-because-I-had-my-hair-pulled-back-but-it-looked-cute-on-Anne-Marie-so-I'm-hopeful hat: This is the Ana, from Perl Grey. There are some larger photos in the link, and the more I look at them the cuter I think this hat is. We'll see. I suspect it will be cast on sooner rather than later, but there are many other gifts to knit and exciting projects in the queue. And there's always the science to do...

Dave and I are driving down to Portland tonight so he can do a 'cross race down there tomorrow morning. Yes, we have our own 'cross series, but there are some big races in Portland in December and the starting line order is determined by standing in the Portland series, so Dave wants to get some points down there since there isn't a Seattle series race this weekend and starting position is really important in cyclocross. And, what else do we have to do but drive to Portland? Maybe this time we can actually go to Powells - I've been to Portland 5 times I think without ever making it there...for shame!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hope Dave did well and you made it to the city of books.

Anne-Marie said...

Long drive... any knitting get done?
Hope you made it to Powells!

Anonymous said...

I had to go out of town this weekend and missed all of the Fleece Artist/Handmaiden appearances. Pooey. Thanks for the vicarious attendance.