1. I'm afraid of balloons. I'm not sure when this fear developed. As a child I loved balloons, and in high school we bought each other balloons for our lockers all the time. It was practically a competition, who got the most balloons on their birthday. It was great. Now, I hate balloons. To be fair, it's not actually the balloons, but the risk of them popping, that I don't like. I'm not into loud sudden noises.
2. I'm really into reading non-fiction books with single word titles. For instance, I just finishing reading Coal, and I'm currently working on Salt and Tea (Like with my knitting, I'm not always a monogamous reader until something really grips me.) There are others, but these are the most recent. In general I prefer non-fiction - I'm not sure how the single word thing started, but next up is Tobacco...Before anyone brings this up, I realize some of these have subtitles - that is allowed...
3. Although I'm not much into computer games, I have
4. I wake up at 6:30am (or earlier) every day during May to watch the Giro d'Italia, during July to watch the Tour de France, and during September to watch the Vuelta a Espana. Although my faith in cycling is diminished a bit due to all the recent doping scandals, I can't seem to stop myself from being into it, having been a fan since childhood. And I have to watch it live, otherwise it's just not the same...
5. The first piece of music I owned was the Bangles Bangles Greatest Hits and I must admit I still listen to it sometimes.
6. I love dams and bridges. I'm fascinated by large civil engineering projects. It's possible I've made a poor career decision by becoming a microbiologist and not an engineer. Perhaps in my next life...
7. My freshman year of college I attended a party where many margaritas were consumed, and my boyfriend at the time was a bit less than clean-shaven. Suffice to say I woke up the next morning with a very painfully raw red chin. I came up with a story that I did it to myself by wiping my face with a wet towel with salt on it (hence the scratches). And people believed this! Smart people. Or maybe they were just humoring me (Any of my college friends remember this? Did you really believe this, or were you just being nice?). Anyway, it was embarrassing. I've stubbornly refused to date anyone with any facial hair ever since...
You're it! I'm tagging:
Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog!