Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Knits in Action

Dave and I went to a Mariners game last night, and it was darn cold, even with the stadium roof closed. So, I got to break out the Endpaper Mitts! The nosebleed seats, which prevented us from seeing the right fielder, did allow us a lovely view of downtown and Elliot Bay. We got there early enough to see some of the Baltimore Orioles batting practice, which was pretty cool. I've been to many baseball games but never seen that.In this picture they are actually opening the retractable roof, which had to be closed later in the game due to impending rain (which began in earnest while we were walking to the bus, of course). The roof is amazing - it opens and closes quite quickly, and very quietly. I was impressed. This was our view - we were pretty far up there: If I go to another game I'm getting better seats. These were free, from a scientific product show, and really they aren't that bad, but I'd like to be closer to the action. I took knitting, but left it in the bag. The game was fun, and we won, due to an exciting 7th inning, so it was a successful adventure!

Thank you for all the comments on my socks! I'm going to try to work on them a bit this evening, having just spent two hours at knitting club weaving in the ends of that baby blanket (still not finished either). For Jen, the pattern is Twisted Flower Socks, by Cookie A. You can buy the pattern online and in some shops, but I think online is probably the easiest way to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks! I've been eyeing more of her patterns lately... I may need to get that one...

Anonymous said...

If you go to stitch n pitch maybe there can be a blogger meet-up at the game.

I am planning to go this year.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Mariner pictures. I am a former Seattleite living in the south. I enjoy your blog and the Northwest flavor. The end paper mitts are beautiful

Amie said...

Hey, that's my local team! Hope you said hi to the O's for me!

Anonymous said...

Look at my O's!!