Friday, July 21, 2006

Purple Project!!!

Finally I'm knitting something in Project Spectrum color of the month! This is the Lilac version of Perdita from the newest Knitty. It's knit with DMC Cotton Perle, which is pretty much like embroidery floss but with more twist, so the plies aren't coming apart. And it's shiny. It should have beads, but the ones I have are a couple of sizes too big, and they looked ridiculous, so I've left them out. This is about half done already, from starting pretty late last night, so I should be done with it soon. Well, until I have to do the crochet edge and attach buttons, since I don't know how to crochet. I've been shown several times but my hands can't really work out what to do with only one implement. I think I'll just modify the pattern and add a clasp or just tie it on with some i-cord on both ends.
Yes, I'm still working on the sleeve. It's well over half done. Maybe later today I'll post the options for the next sweater so everyone can weigh in with the decision...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, Lovely shade of purple but what is it? The lilac versions of Perdita may be the answer, but for nonfiberphomaniacs this means nothing.

What a tour?!?

love, mom

Emily said...

If you click on the link you can see what it is. So you don't have to, it's a wristband/bracelet. Yes, the Tour was great. Best one in years!