Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

It's my birthday! I feel old, but least I look like I'm 16. In fact, I still get carded at movies fairly frequently, usually by people who are probably 10 years younger than I am. Bars I can understand, since I do look pretty young. But movies? Do I really not look over 17? I'm a third-year graduate student! Surely I can see Thank You for Smoking? Anyway...
Dave has been parceling out gifts for me. This is what I have so far:

Frankly, this would be enough presents, but apparently there is more on the way :) What we have here is a soy candle (ginger), an extra creamy milk chocolate bar (which is already half gone), and an Acorn Street gift card. I think that last thing was a result of the returned niddy-noddy (see last week), but I'm pretty excited about it. God knows I can always use more yarn...Speaking of more yarn, the Weaving Works Mother's Day sale starts today. I'm heading up there after work, and dragging my friend Rachel (aka the enabler-extraordinaire). I've got some stuff to buy for assorted swaps, and of course some things on the list for myself. I'll post the spoils tomorrow!

I also got this in the mail a couple of days ago, as a teaser from my Knitters Tea Swap pal:


Sorry that the photo is so dark, but you can see the great tea-themed card she sent, complete with tea kettle sticker on the envelope! My swap pal is relatively local (she's in Portland, I'm in Seattle; we Pacific Northwesters flock together), but she is crafty and there were no clues to her identity...I am eagerly awaiting a package disclosing her identity - this is my first secret swap-type thing, so it's pretty exciting!

3 comments:

JulieFrick said...

Emily,

I can't find a way to contact you through your blog, but wanted to respond about clapotis. I used one skein of Marjaana and did maybe two fewer increase repeats, but full length. It made a lovely scarf. There's a Clapotis Yahoo group that has some very helpful links regarding how to weigh your yarn to figure out how many repeats it will do, etc. Best of luck, and thanks for visiting!

Lynne said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I'm glad you liked the card and the tea. I thought it was a fun way to introduce myself! I'm looking forward to putting your real tea package together.