Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A short one

This will be short, since I'm very busy in lab and I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow. I'm going for the weekend, which seemed like a good idea a couple of months ago when I bought the tickets, but now I'm really stressed with school stuff and thinking this trip might be ill-advised. But I get to see the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum. We'll see.
Monday Dave and I went hiking here:
This is Boulder Falls, on the eastern fringes of the North Cascades. It was a nice hike - the waterfall is only about 1.25 miles in, and there is another, slightly smaller waterfall another mile or so past it. The hike is about 9 miles total, and although the part past the falls was nice I'm not sure it was worthwhile. It was pretty flat but very muddy as it's been raining cats and dogs here lately.
I also got some yarn from Knit Picks that arrived on Saturday. Laceweight is going around in the Fiberphiles, so I had to get some too. I'm not sure what I'm going to make - probably a lace scarf or a rectangular shawl that I'll then bunch up and wear like a scarf...Here are the spoils:

No comments: