Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just a little bit left over...



When I was knitting my Olympic socks it seemed like I wasn't using that much yarn, especially compared to Rachel, who was also making some STR socks (in lightweight, mine were mediumweight), and who just barely had enough yarn. So I decided to figure out just how much extra yarn I have... What you're looking at here is the leftover ball of yarn (top) compared to one sock (bottom), and you can see that there is almost an entire sock of yarn left! Since I loved knitting with this yarn I'm pretty excited, and trying to decide if I have enough for short arm/handwarmers. I think I do, but I'll probably rewind the ball into a center pull and knit from both ends at once (on two sets of DPNs, I'm cringing at the tangling already!) just to be sure...
By the way, this photo is a great example of the perks of being in science. Usually that is the 'toxic chemical' weighing scale, but on this day it was the 'superwash merino' weighing scale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geeky fun is fabulous. I am taking the plunge to *not* weigh how much med. weight STR I have left as I crank on through sock #2. crossing me fingers!

Anonymous said...

Nice Weigh Boat!