What you see there is an actual Seattle Times newspaper, delivered to my apartment door. Now, this may seem trivial to some, but if you knew of the troubles I've had actually receiving a newspaper in the building, let alone at the door, well, then you would understand. Needless to say I was very happy, and promptly threw out 2/3 of the paper, including all the adverts except those that might help me find a bargain laptop. I always want to be a person who reads the Sunday paper, but let's be honest that most of it is crap. I read through the front section and the local news, and I skimmed the sports (go Huskies!!!), and I read the lifestyle sections (although I don't want to be a person who cares about celebrity gossip, I am). But the rest goes straight into the bin. I'm not looking for a job (two sections gone), or a house (two more gone), or a used car (two more), and most of the ads don't do it for me. As an environmentalist I feel guilty even getting the paper, but having it in hand is so much better than reading it online...what I should do is get the NY Times on Sunday and read that. Although the crossword frustrates the hell out of me. At least I have a chance with the Seattle Times, although today they managed (and not for the first time) to print it without numbers. They did catch that before the whole paper was printed and added the version with numbers to another section, but honestly, how does that get past the quality control people?
Miracle #2 is that I finished Lady Eleanor!!! I actually finished on Friday night, with much fanfare that only the cat really appreciated, although I did wake Dave up to show it to him, but I don't think he was properly appreciative...Today I'm going to get some blocking supplies (scary, but I've never blocked anything) and another skein of yarn (three yarn shops consulted before finding the correct colorway) for the fringe, and she'll be done! Just in time for the warm weather :)
In honor of Project Spectrum I dug out all my red yarn and took a photo:
What we have here is 4 skeins of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran, 3 skeins of angora, 1 solid red skein of Manos, 2 varigated red skeins of Manos, 1 skein kid mohair, and two random skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes (front). I also have 4 skeins of pink Rowan Calmer that didn't make the photo shoot. It's a nice bunch and makes me really, really want to make my Purl scarf (with the Manos and mohair), but I'm not allowed (I'll get you for this, Pam, just you wait!).
Last night I broke out my pink shrug from Rowan 37 (in the pink Calmer) that hasn't been touched since summer, and it was a debacle. I was doing fine until I started doing the raglan shoulder decreases, and all hell broke loose. I might take photos, I might try to fix it, I might just rip the whole damn thing out. Right after screwing that up I managed to screw up the sachet I was making (which is also kind of pink, and thus good for Project Spectrum), although I fixed that and it's going in with my unmentionables, so I don't think anyone will notice a slight beading error. Photos to come tomorrow, but for now I must finish the crazy confusing experiment I am setting up (yes, on Sunday).