Monday, March 27, 2006

Secret project revealed!!!

So I mentioned a few posts ago that I was making another covert project that didn't break the Lenten rules (which we've seen I've been disregarding anyway). And here it is (well, half of it): This is one of the armwarmers that I made for Pam (she of the pink eyelash skirt). I promised her armwarmers months ago, and I had this hand-dyed yarn from Ebay all ready to go, but hadn't made them. Pam's been a bit down lately so I figured now was the time to get knitting! I'll try to bring my camera to work and get a photo with them in action, but for now the kitchen counter shot will have to suffice. The pattern is a variation of the twisted rib armwarmer pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This yarn was lovely to work with, but sadly I don't remember much about it except that it's 100% wool and hand-dyed. It's very soft and springy like merino, and the colors were great. I aspire to dye yarn half this cool...I have a fair bit left and I want to make a ribbed hat for myself, but we'll see if there is enough (after Lent of course).

Susan, there were no leftovers from Lady Eleanor, but I'm sure you can be expecting something knitted...and Sven as well...

No comments: